My goal this semester is to be as authentic as possible. Although sometimes I wonder what authenticity really is or whether it can be fully achieved… maybe when you’re a child but after the first sting of reality it gets a lot harder. I’ve been thinking a lot about relationships… I don’t like to admit that because it makes me feel vulnerable but maybe that’s what I need to do in order to grow and get the most out of my time here. Whenever I’m creating something I’m always considering formal relationships such as color, space, and materials but that’s only the half of it. I’ve been thinking a lot about human interactions lately. Being in a new environment has changed my perspective a bit and I’ve started to ask more questions rather than have answers. Relationships are very important to me… so much so that I have a very hard time establishing them, when I do; I have an extremely hard time letting go. I have gone through an intense amount of pain through loss of relationships and because of this my interactions with most people are a daily struggle. This struggle is partially because of my insecurities but also due to an untimely passing of someone very close to me. I didn’t even know myself. I don’t get to experience anything more of that person than a memory. This doesn’t seem very fair to me. The experience has left a huge impression on me and I have learned to take the things that I value very seriously… not take them for granted. On the other hand, I am left with the fear of loosing again.
My work is a search for solace and resolution. Through the process of creation I'm able to work through my grief.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment