Saturday, September 13, 2008

"When you look for it, there is nothing to see. When you listen for it, there is nothing to hear. When you use it, it is inexhaustible"

I was in New York City, for the first time in two years, looking at galleries in Chelsea with my fellow comrade's. It was so refreshing to be in that environment again... maybe I do want to move back there (or at least a lot closer cause it took us two hours to get into the city). The whole relationship I have with NYC is very funny though because there is so much about it that I'm against, yet there is so much to love as well. Maybe I need to find a place that is more eco-friendly and still has that concentration of art enthusiasts. However, I keep going to shows and can't seem to get excited about the work like I used to; my senses have been numbed by all the work I've seen... That or it all really does suck. I don't really know at this point. I'd like to think that it's the work that is the problem because then there is room for improvement.... there's always room for that. It may just be that I'm a little numb though. I'm not numb to the experience as a whole. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that; the ongoing social exchange that takes place among the arts. I guess that's what keeps us all going.

Review with pictures later

No comments:

Post a Comment