Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Intonarumori

Noise Machines, intonarumori: Luigi Russolo 1914 (artist)

(me)
It's amazing (kinda sad) how unaware many artists/aspiring artists are of the fact that they are behind the times; un-innovative (including myself). Also, I find it a little curious that so many people think of artists as unrealistic narcissists (although there are some). It's becoming more and more apparent to me (due to many discussions with my fellow roommates that are history majors) that we are dealing with the same fundamental issues, and thus are "in it" for the same reasons ... most people just don't know that. I think art history should be a part of everyone’s curriculum. Most people (at least what I've experienced) don't realize how influential the arts are and how they have been for.... ever (thousands of years). People don't know the magnitude of the impact the arts have had on their lives. I do feel we need a more holistic view in terms of what is taught in art history though.... many many many other parts of the world and cultures are being ignored; I feel like I'm missing out on a HUGE chunk of information and perspectives (?).

No comments:

Post a Comment